Friday, July 2, 2021

Battle of the Bands: Blackbird

 Welcome to the Battle of the Bands. The Beatles created some great songs which lead to some great covers. The song I selected is one of my favorites "Blackbird."

Here is the original...


How this thing works. I play a version by the original band. Then I have two contenders featured. In the comments you let me know who won. In a week or so I count up the votes and announce the winner in a separate post.

Contender One: Crosby, Stills and Nash


Contender Two: Sarah McLachlan


Tell me which one you liked best in the comments CSN or Sarah? Thanks for visiting and I will see you soon!








5 comments:

Birgit said...

I love this song and this is an excellent challenge! It's hard to pick but I am going with Sarah who was so clear in sound. I really liked how she did this. Tough battle and it will be interesting to see who wins.

Mary B said...

I'm glad you posted this. This song has been stuck in my head for the past week. I'm going with CSN in the battle.

John Holton said...

I like the guitar work on Sarah's better. I might even like it better than McCartney's original. Sarah gets my vote.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Great battle song and I enjoyed both covers. I loved CSN harmonies but it's SARAH MCLACHLAN who gets my vote. I'm sorry for swinging by to vote so late!

Live and Let Die BOTB Showdown

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~

I'm going along with the majority this time and casting my vote for SARAH.

Reason?:
I felt like CSN was basically just doing a cover of a Beatles' song, whereas Sarah was singing more from the heart and sounded a bit more sincere in what she was lyrically trying to convey.

~ D-FensDogG
LEARN THE HOLY BIBLE IN 15 MINUTES!