Sunday, May 30, 2021

R.I.P BJ Thomas

 I am sure I heard other songs on the radio, but one of the first I remember hearing was "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head."


Three years ago, much later than when I first her the song, I was able to see him life in a very small concert hall.

"The Eyes of a New York Woman"


I left that song out when I wrote about seeing him on a Monday's Music Moves Me post, but someone said in the comments it was his favorite.

"Hooked on a Feeling" with Sara Niemietz. She is a talented singer who sang with him when she was 4.  Her post was how I heard the news.




The world lost a talented singer, songwriter may he rest in peace!








2 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Robin had a tribute to BJ yesterday for the 4M dance party. I was sorry to read the news of his passing and I see you mentioned another celebrity death, Gavin MacLeod, another one that I didn't know about. Yikes, so many celebrities are slipping away!

Arlee Bird said...

B J Thomas was a truly fine artist. He first caught my attention in the summer of 1966 when his version of "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" was played frequently on my local Knoxville TN pop station. He did such a mournful haunting version of that song.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out