Thursday, August 27, 2020

Battle of the Bands Chronicle Volume 8 : Anniversary to 2020

 Battle 111 July 15, 2019 my fifth year anniversary and I picked a classical piece "Flight of the Bumblebee." I pitted shredding Jennifer Batton versus Gisha and Gerome versus Peter Lzuha. It wa a 3-2-2 win for Gisha an Gerome

Battle 112 August 2019 Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You." A folk singer , a jazz pianist Diana Krall and Prince. Prince won the shutout 5 to 0.

Battle 113 August 2019 classic jazz of "Sleepwalk" as raved up by Jeff Beck and Joe Satriani. It was a 4-3 decision. Joe won 4 to 3.

Battle 114 September 2019 Bob Dylan's Maggie Farm. Take the folk rock somewhere different with Rage Against the machine against Solomon Burke. Rage was a bit too caffeinated and we had a shut out.

Battle 115 Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" and the Battle featured Every Avenue and Jump Off. Jump Off took this one 5 to 1.

Battle 116 October comes and I had girls rocking out AC/DC's "For Those About to Rock." Lzzy Hale vs Hells Belles. It was a tie 3 a piece.

Battle 117 Still Rocking Hard with Van Halen's "Running with the Devil." Jake E. Lee rocked it out and I pitted him against Jennifer Hope. I just discovered her version which was more artsy then rocking. Jake wins 6 to 2.

Battle 118 Montrose "Bad Motor Scooter" was next. The Chi-Lites versus The L.A. Underscore versus Pete Manley. Chi-Lites won 4 to 2 over the LA Underscore and Pete was a third wheel.

Battle 119 I went back to Montrose for "Rock Candy" but I did see Sammy Hagar that month. Lita Ford versus Lee Aaron. Another tie.

Battle 120 December 2019. I know Joni isn't a reader favorite but I was really doing this one for Jaco. The tune was "Coyote." Bailen and Glen Hansard were the contestants. After two ties Bailen pitches a 7-0 shutout.

Battle 121 last Battle of 2019. I went with The Roadrunner theme since my last battle was a tune called Coyote. Bo Didley, The Rolling Stones, and The Pretty Things. 3, 2, 1 The Stones win, Diddley was last.

Battle 122 Happy 2020 "Smoke on the Water" was finally used. I was digging classical guitarist Nadja Kossinskaja, she did this a crossover and you did not like it. I get that it wasn't well received elsewhere. However as a terrible guitarist it is good to see someone good fail. Dread Zeppelin and Metallica tied.

Battle 123 We went overtime with "Smoke on the Water" this time an All Star Group versus Mr Big. The All Stars won 5 to 3.


1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

Wow, we're all really racking up a history of Battles of the Bands. It amazing that this post is volume 8 and there are quite a few Battles on this page.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out