Sunday, January 14, 2018

Battle of the Bands: A Change is Gonna Come

Today is Martin Luther King Jr Day. I am doing two blog posts which are for music blog hops. I am not going to do three posts. As I write this blogpost I would like to give the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr a nod.



This month song comes from the great Sam Cooke. It is called "A Change is Gonna Come"



Vote for one of the two contenders below in the comments.

Contender One: Seal


Contender Two: Otis Redding


Please vote in the comment and I will post the winners in a week or so. If you want more battles visit this site for a full list of participants. I will have another battle next month on the 15th. I will probably share a few more posts between then and now so please feel free to visit.

Thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

This is such a great song. I used it a couple of years ago and still have another match up in my queue of things I might do someday. Your picks didn't match either of my Battles. So many great versions of this song out there.

Just looking at the candidates I figured that Otis would cinch my vote. And he really puts the soulful feeling in his version. However, Seal's style is more to my preference.

A vote for Seal.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Nice battle, great song choice! I liked both covers but I felt Seal's version matched my mood better this morning, so I'm giving my vote to Seal. I have my BoTB & 4M posts together, so hopefully you'll stop by whenever you get a chance.

Mary B said...

Great battle, Mike!

I'm a fan of Otis Redding, so it comes as a surprise to me that I am voting for Seal. He just delivered a smoother version in my opinion.

Debbie D. said...

Great song and good contenders for this battle. I had to listen twice to be sure. Otis Redding made me "feel" the song more, so he gets my vote. The trumpet at the end didn't hurt either.

Cherdo said...

This in one of those songs that is truly great; it has heart. Real heart; it's emotive. Out of three fantastic choices, I'm leaning towards Seal this time.

Well done!

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Howdy, MIKE.
You can give my vote to OTIS. I think his rendition sounded more meaningful. Which makes sense, because I think he lived at a time that really did more match the meaning of the lyrics. The whole Civil Rights movement and "the times they were a-changin'".

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents 'Battle Of The Bands'