Wednesday, October 25, 2017

R.I.P Fats Domino

New Orleans musician Fats Domino  passed away today at the age of 89.

It is a shame that another music legend has passed away. "Ain't That A Shame"



I first heard of Fats Domino through a famous Led Zeppelin bootleg I discovered in 1989 called "Live on Blueberry Hill" named after this song...


He did a lot of walking songs like "I Want to Walk You Home"


But he might walk you to New Orleans..


He was a rock pioneer, a great selling artist and a musical treasure who will be missed.

1 comment:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Nice tribute to Fats Domino. Ain't That A Shame to hear to hear of his passing! A lot celebrities have crossed the other side this year. It just makes me realize my mortality all the more. Life just zips away from you, doesn't it? Fats sure had a great smile, didn't he? I'm not sure what kind of person he was but judging by these videos I bet he was a nice fellow. :) Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!