Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A to Z Challenge 2016: Pearl Jam

Last week I made a crazy trip to Jacksonville mainly centered around seeing Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam had never performed in Jacksonville (a link to an article about that) and the last time I caught the band in concert was at The Tibetan Freedom Festival 18 years ago.

Here is the opener from that show, a long time ago at RFK....


  The show I went to on Wednesday received rave review in the local press and by Jambase. The show was much different. It was in a much smaller venue, the band like me is older, Pearl Jam played a lot longer.

Pearl Jam on stage...





Below is the setlist...

  • Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
  • Mind Your Manners
  • Hail Hail
  • Last Exit
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Nothingman
  • Army Reserve
  • Given to Fly
  • Rival  
  • Setting Forth  
  • Corduroy
  • Even Flow
  • Of the Earth
  • Glorified G
  • Unthought Known
  • Let the Records Play
  • Spin the Black Circle
  • Porch
Encore
  • I Won't Back Down  
  • I Am a Patriot  
  • Just Breathe
  • Jeremy
  • Ghost  
  • Do the Evolution
  • Better Man  
Encore
  • Smile
  • Once
  • Black  
  • State of Love and Trust
  • Alive
  • Rockin' in the Free World  
  • Yellow Ledbetter
  • The Star-Spangled Banner  
Setlist from SetlistFM via Jambase.

Pearl Jam played close to three hours so they certainly put in the work!

Here is how they ended the show...


My favorite song by Pearl Jam is "Alive"


It was a great time to catch up with family, a friend and a show. I just needed more time for the trip!

4 comments:

Jeffrey Scott said...

That's pretty impressive. Three hour show. I hope you enjoyed it.
Concerts are so much fun, aren't they?

Liz A. said...

Sounds like a great show.

Robin said...

Wow. That is some set list. No wonder it got rave reviews!

kjmckendry said...

Wow, I would love to see Pearl Jam live!