Thursday, May 22, 2014

Indy 500 Moments

My latest article Six Historic and Exciting Moments in Indy 500 History obviously deals with the Indianapolis 500. I am going to add to it here by adding some videos that fit in with my moments.

Starting at the beginning...


Tommy Milton...



                                                           Janet Guthrie..

                                                                     
                                                              1987 Indy 500
                                                                         
                                                                        




                                                        1992 Indianapolis 500

                                                                                 
                                                          Last year's race..

                                                                   
Finding newsreel footage on youtube to share on my blog was a time bending experience. Also the changes in the cars are pretty pronounced through the years. Who do you think will win this time? Thanks for stopping by check in soon for something new!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mother has always really loved the Indy 500, which in many ways I find surprising because she is generally all about "ladies behaving like ladies" and watching car races doesn't seem a thing that a "proper lady" would be interested in.
I enjoyed the historical view. I remember thinking how cool Janet Guthrie was and daydreaming of maybe being a car racer someday. I think I was about 10 years old at the time.
Thanks for visiting KHEL 666