Sunday, April 13, 2014

R.I.P Jesse Winchester

Bill Flanagan might have said it best about Jesse Winchester in the linear notes of the 2011 tribute album "I don't know anyone who dislikes Jesse Winchester's music. It seems to me there are only those who love it and those who have never heard it."


I sadly fell into the camp of not knowing him. I had the heard his name. More than likely I had heard his songs covered by the likes of Jimmy Buffett, Elvis Costello, Reba McEntire and more.


above he is with Jimmy Buffett below he is with Elvis Costello, Neko Case, ..


I found out about his death through Bonnie Raitt posting this video...


He is a talent that will be greatly missed. Perhaps his songs will be past on to future generations and he will leave behind a musical legacy.



No comments: