Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Big Snow

Well the big snow wasn't as big as all the meteorologist said it would be here. I think there was more rain in the storm and temperatures stayed mostly above freezing. Still we got our share of it and the kids got a day of from school. I didn't have anywhere to go so it didn't bother me too much.

I did loose power for a few hours which meant I lost heat. My house gets cold easily and temps in the mid 30s don't help. Luckily I had blankets and took some naps. Of course my daughter came home soaked from  playing outside while the heat was off. I helped her take her wet snow gear off and we warmed up with some snuggle time. The snow day became basically a do nothing family day. Then after a few hurs with no power the internet was off. Well the internet is my families replacement for television so it is kind of a big deal.

Anyway that vcame back up. So the snow day has passed. The streets have been thawing. The kids have a two hour delay tomorrow but I won't be snowed in. So all and all not a bad a snow day. It is funny sometimes the smaller snows can keep you snowed in longer.

The immportant thing is everyone here was safe and we made it into a fun, family day.

No comments: