Sunday, December 2, 2012

Saturday Concert

I must admit going to see great concerts is awesome. I get to do it alot as a reviewer. So it is a special treat when I get to a concert and I don't have to review it. No worries about the set list, jotting notes, or taking photos. I simply get to listen and enjoy my company and the music.

Saturday night I was fortunate enough to see a performance of the NAtinal Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. It is kinda filling in the gaps, since I have covered jazz, country, bluegrass, Christian, Burmese pop, rock and blues that I add a classical show. Unlless you count the California Guitar Trio, who have an excellent classical album out, it is not a frequent genre of mine.

It was cool. The musicians were talented. The sound terrefic. The company my wife so that is fantastic. It wasn't holiday musicwhich I will be hearing plenty of soon. So it was just a different night out full with great sounds.

No comments: