Sunday, September 2, 2012

R.I.P Hal David

Hal David who added the great lyrics to Burt Bacharach scores to create some of the greatest songs of all time in the 60's and 70's passed away at the sage of 91. Songs like "Do you know the way to San Jose?," "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head," "Close to You" and "What's New Pussycat" to just name a few. You can read his obit from the New York Times.here.

I watched a tribute to him and Burt from the White House on PBS back in May while I was on vacation. I highly recommend it. I enjoyed it with my parents and daughter and it only goes to show great songs can be enjoyed by generations.


Here is a recent celebration:



Bet you didn't know he was one of the song writers for this song...


This song was one of his favorites...


and the World still Needs Love...


Hal David was an incredible writer and he will be missed. Thankfully he left us so many songs may he rest in peace.



No comments: