Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blues for New Years Part 2

I have a theme going so I will be keeping the blog kind of focused. Yes I am plugging my articles but I am trying to add a little new herein the lines of youtube videos.

First up the D.C. Blues Society is bringing Melvin Taylor to ring in the New Year in Wheaton, Maryland. If you like a stinging blues guitar Melvin won't disappoint. He has played with Pinetop Perkins and opened for Buddy Guy and more. You can read my preview here.

Here is a little taste of Melvin playing "Tin Pan Alley " :

Here is Taylor caught in the act from one of his gigs earlier this year in Chicago:

An alternative to smoking guitar, no offense intended to her guitarist, but perhaps one of the best voices in the area is more your style. Mary Ann Redmond ushers in the New Year in Bethesda. Here is a link to my preview.

Here she is live covering a John Hiatt song, which John is one of my favorite song writers so she gets bonus points:

Here she is with Tommy Lepson who pplaying with Tom Principato see yesterday's post:

That song really shows off her voice! Well I hope you enjoy and I hope I am helping you decide what to do on New Year's Eve.

No comments: