Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Reading Day

Today I woke up about 4:45 in the morning to go and do some volunteer work. When I got back home I ended up with baby duty as my wife went in to work a few more hours. Between spending time watching my daughter I was able to get some reading done. I finished a book on leadership I had been reading and then I read a book by a friend of mine. I would have finished a third book, but I couldn't find it. I have a bad habit of starting a book and then putting it down. Then life happens or I start another book.

The book I read was "Ravings From A Sane Man" by C.L. McGown. C.L. is originally from Weirton, West Virginia and I have known him for over 18 years. It was neat to read a book that has roots in the state I live in and also written by someone I know.

I learned a lot about C.L. from reading the book. Whether you agree or disagree with his point of view, C.L. shares a lot of them with the reader. He does so in a humorous entertaining method. The book is a quick read broken down into short quick chapters. More information on the book and how to get your copy is available here.

No comments: