Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Recession My Depression

It isn't the greatest feeling in the world when you've cut spending and you still come out just as broke! Solution: Get a higher paying job. Well, that's easier said then done. Yes, I know I'm under employed. One good thing, is I do have a job. There is a growing list of people who don't. Unfortunately that list keeps growing.

I'm sure the price of gas isn't helping my financial situation. $50 a fill up is pretty expensive. This year I have scaled back on my travelling. Don't worry sooner or later we all will be paying more for everyday items. You think the prices for unleaded are high, Diesel is over 44.25 a gallon.

I'm glad the mortgage business is booming! (Sarcasm) My wife had a good job in that field. Okay, maybe not good, but better than mine. Unfortunately, her company is no more. Luckily we have a little time on the severance. Then if she finds a job, we'll be back to paying half a paycheck for child care. People can't win.

Times are tough. They can call it a recession but I'll call it a reason for depression! And it's not just me. There are people a lot worse off then us. The high gas prices aren't helping the state I live in West Virginia. Tourism is one of the biggest industries in the state. If people can't afford the gas, they aren't going to be tourists. Fewer tourists means the tourism industry has a tough time.

I could go on and on. But what I'd really like to know is when it's gonna get better?

No comments: